Quality Gabion Mattress for Slope Stabilization
Gabion mattress is known as Reno mattress as it is firstly applied to Reno River
in Italy. Galvanized, Galfan and PVC coated gabion mattress refers
to a rectangular structure similar to gabion baskets except its low
height. Generally, a gabion mattress is composed of hexagonal
double twist steel wire mesh or welded wire mesh panels as shown in
the following two pictures.
Gabion mattress - hexagonal type
Gabion mattress - welded type
Filled with rocks, gabion mattress creates an integral robust unit
for scour protection and erosion control from three aspects. Gabion
mattress efficiently improves the stability of river side slopes
and protects them from scouring through ensuring a natural
convection exchange between water body and earth. Meanwhile, it
increases the roughness coefficient of river bank owing to its
excellent shear resistance. In addition, green vegetation can be
planted to reinforce the slope and create more pleasing landscape.
- River bank.
- Channel lining.
- Foreshore foot protection.
- Stream banks.
- Sea wall.
- Stable slopes.
- Retaining wall.
- Highway embankments.
- Railway cuttings.
- High durability - Made of high quality low carbon wire, our gabion mattress is
strong and durable; meanwhile, all edges are reinforced with wire
selvage for added strength. It can bear the heavy weight of dense
hard rocks and has high shear resistance than traditional riprap so
that it allows for better soil stabilization.
- Superb permeability - The space between rocks allows for excellent drainage to reduce
the hydrostatic pressure as well as ensure natural water exchange
and ecological equilibrium.
- Integrity - Gabion mattress can be divided into chambers by inserting
diaphragms, meanwhile, independent units can be fastened together
to form an integral monolithic structure - just using steel tie
- Environmental friendly - Gabion mattress, mounted on the bank of rivers and streams can
effectively prevents soil erosion. Additionally, vegetation on the
mattress improves the soil protection as well as decorates the
- Economy - The filling materials such as local rocks and stones are low-cost; meanwhile, they are easy to assembly and install not
requiring skilled labor and large equipment. Drainage systems are
also not needed owing to its high permeability. Most of all, they
are long lasting and maintenance free if the design and
construction are reasonable.
Beside above features, our hexagonal twist gabion mattress has
excellent flexibility to adjust their own healing - that is way it
has adaptability to various foundations such as those easy to
subside and deform. But welded gabion mattress has lower
flexibility yet more solidity and shape control. So you can choose
the optimal one according to different mounting places of your
Gabion mattresses can be fastened together to form integral unit
for higher strength.
- Material: high quality low carbon steel.
- Structure: hexagonal double twist steel wire mesh or welded wire mesh
- Anti-rust treatment: Zinc - 5% Aluminum plated, hot dipped galvanized, PVC coated hot
- Height: 0.15m to 0.3m.
- Opening: 5cm × 7cm, 6cm × 8cm, 8cm × 10cm.
- Mesh wire diameter: 2mm to 2.7mm.
- Selvage wire diameter: 2.7mm to 3.4mm.
- Tie wire diameter: 2mm to 2.7mm.
- Metal coating thickness: no less than 245g/m2.
- Tensile strength: no less than 389Mpa.
- Standard: ASTM, EN or other custom standards.
Gabion mattress (hexagonal double twist type)
|HGM-1||3m||2m||0.15m, 1.2m, 0.25m||5cm × 7cm|
|HGM-2||4m||2m||0.15m, 1.2m, 0.25m||5cm × 7cm|
|HGM-3||5m||2m||0.15m, 1.2m, 0.25m||5cm × 7cm|
|HGM-4||6m||2m||0.15m, 1.2m, 0.25m||5cm × 7cm|
|HGM-5||3m||2m||0.17m, 0.23m, 0.3m||6cm × 8cm, 8cm × 10cm|
|HGM-6||4m||2m||0.17m, 0.23m, 0.3m||6cm × 8cm, 8cm × 10cm|
|HGM-7||5m||2m||0.17m, 0.23m, 0.3m||6cm × 8cm, 8cm × 10cm|
|HGM-8||6m||2m||0.17m, 0.23m, 0.3m||6cm × 8cm, 8cm × 10cm|
3" × 1.5" gabion mattress (welded type)
Gabion mattress can be made into walkway.
Gabion mattresses are used for aqueducts.